1.24.2013

beyond Beyond

In 2012 I participated in Kim Klassen's class, Beyond Layers...it was a class about sharpening your skills with Photoshop...with a sidekick of inspiration and creativity boost for your artistic life.  And there was the opportunity to share your work with others in the class...from all over the world...
With the start of 2013, Kim decided to build on that initial class...and has started beyond Beyond...

I signed up immediately...this year, there's just a once a week prompt...providing a challenge...idea to try...food for thought...a creative kick in the pants...its the perfect nudge for me...especially since my word for the year is "essence" and I want to focus on what my art is about...

Class started yesterday...and our first challenge was to change our perspective with taking a photograph...look at the subject from a different angle or viewpoint...take our time...don't be rushed...edit the results...see what works and what doesn't...which all tied in neatly with Kim's closing advice...be present...






















Paring down to what is important...to the essence...I think I may be on the right path...

Do you have a word for the year?...has it motivated you yet?  do tell...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails