9.28.2012

Synchronicity

Rummaging through the basement studio...for something entirely different but came upon a canvas I had prepped years ago with tissue paper and glue...and then the inspiration stopped...and the canvas was stuffed into a corner...

I took it upstairs and laid it down with a few other ideas for projects I was working on...the colors immediately came to life with a copy of my "bloom" photograph nearby...I had my inspiration...

The rest of the collage came together quickly once inspiration struck...
a page from a vintage garden manual, a bit of gray paint, a few embellishments...




this snippet from a french page was part of the debris on the worktable from the french lamps I am working on...
it seemed destined to be...just waiting to be glued in place...




























the patina of the old upholstery tacks gives an extra touch of texture...

And when it was finished, an antique wooden frame hanging from the rafters of my studio space finished it off nicely...everything came together at the right time...perfect synchronicity...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails