10.25.2011

The kindness of strangers
















I am back from a whirlwind trip to Atlanta...so much to sort through/think about/ponder over...

The Country Living Fair was astounding...almost sensory overload!









































































One vendor in particular stood out...Vikky Fraker...she is the consummate salvage artist...taking all those forgotten bits and discarded pieces and creating a palette of texture and tone.  I was mesmerized by her display...it drew me in, wanting to know more about the unique picture frames she constructed...I talked with her for a while...she was so gracious and kind...





























As many of you know, I was in Atlanta to pitch my line of vintage greeting cards to the editors of Country Living Magazine...there were many other "pitchers" waiting anxiously with me, each excited for their 5 minutes in the spotlight...everyone was friendly and supportive, which made the entire process much more enjoyable!

I won't hear until December what the outcome will be...but this sign that I saw at the Fair on Saturday sums it up perfectly...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails