3.20.2011

Collections/Obsessions












The Altered Page, the blog of multi-media, NYC-based artist Seth Apter is one of my favorite sites.  He runs a regular on-going post called The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community.  Over the past 4 years nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse.  The current project, called Collectors Edition, is the fifth installment in which artists share their favorite collection or obsession.

To wrap up this project, Seth invited other artists to share their collections/obsessions...how could I resist!

Birds...Clocks...Rusty Metal...these are my obsessions, er...I mean, collections.  All three of these things influence my art and are constant themes in my work.  A look around my studio & home captures several inspirational images...










































































































































And in the end, the three inspirations collide into one
multi-media collage...
Bird's Life by Amy Duncan






















Please visit The Altered Page to see the collections of other artists and how it inspires their art!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails